As Internal Communications Manager at IO Global you will ensure that all employees and service providers are communicated with about the business strategy and our activity. You’ll be part of the community and ecosystem team working closely with other stakeholders across the business to create content, communication plans and support the delivery of the internal communication strategy.
The internal communication function is a new one. As a result, the core purpose of the role is to support the creation of the right frameworks and infrastructure and then be the central support for all functions in communicating key projects, company updates and events.
- Conduct an audit of current internal communications channels and processes and propose new processes and infrastructure to support the function going forwards
- Develop the internal channels for IOG in line with the business strategy and communications strategy
- Develop the internal communication plan in line with the broader strategy for communication and engagement across IOG
- Write content for the internal channels, working closely with colleagues in external communications, marketing and HR
- Support on project communication as needed. As a complex business with many stakeholders this role will be responsible for company wide communication as well specific project communications support for Constellation, which represents a significant evolution of the way IOG will operate going forward
- Work effectively with diverse teams in a fully remote setup in an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees, service providers and stakeholders
- Manage internal events - including planning, production, content, and facilitation
- Ensure internal messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization
- Ensure internal messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Create an infrastructure to listen to employees to drive dialogue and bring the organization together through communication
- Ensure the communication channels and content reflect the values and behaviors of IOG
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation
IOG is a distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution, we are ideally searching for someone in a European time zone (UK, Ireland or Poland) or the US - EST
The base salary for this position has a range of $83,000 - $125,000 per year at the commencement of employment. Any offer is determined by overall experience and performance during the interview process. This is only part of the total compensation package.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Project management skills to be able to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Creative ability to devise digital communication strategies
- Experience working with fast moving companies
Education / Experience
- Copywriting skills and experience.
- Experience of working with senior management
- Experience of working within a communications function, including experience of different communication methods and content management systems would be advantageous.
- Some experience in working with employer brand programs highly desirable
- Previous experience in change management programs advantageous
- An ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Resourcefulness and proactivity and ability to work effectively within areas of ambiguity
- Communication skills, written and verbal.
- Marketing, English or communication qualification
- Experience with corporate intranets
- Knowledge of or experience in Blockchain technology companies is desirable
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
Apply for this job