Who We Are
The Solana Foundation is dedicated to the adoption, decentralization, and security of the Solana network. Our mission is to help support and grow the Solana network and its community while driving mass adoption for blockchain. The Solana Foundation is working to realize a world where individuals own their data, use permissionless networks, and transfer information freely around the world.
What We Do
The Games, Entertainment, and Media team supports each of these three pillars, with an emphasis on adoption. Our work primarily focuses on three categories:
- Why teams should build on Solana
- How teams can most effectively build on Solana and
- Supporting the continued success of teams in the ecosystem.
We wear many hats: a successful BD team member often flexes the skillsets of deal analysis, technical sales, solutions engineering, go-to-market strategy, product management, and relationship management.
We support games, entertainment, and media companies building on the Solana blockchain with developer education, connections to teams across the ecosystem, product design reviews and feedback, and opportunities to build entirely new products and experiences together.
Solana Foundation is seeking a highly driven full-time Head of BD/BD Lead in Japan to join our Games, Entertainment, and Media team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, service-oriented and business-minded individual who is passionate about making a meaningful impact on efficiencies between Solana Foundation and our partners. You will help us with strategic growth plans and executions to achieve our business growth goals. You will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase brand awareness.
To be successful in this role
You ideally have:
- A passion for and understanding of blockchain/cryptocurrencies; experience with reviewing whitepapers, tokenonmics, and crypto projects
- Manga, anime, creators, games, and entertainment
- Fluent Japanese speaker with strong English skills
- Interact effectively with global team members and game studios building on the Solana network
- Multiple examples of managing high-impact, multi-stakeholder products or projects
- Strong ability to operate in uncertain and ambiguous environments
- Loves to play games, read comic books and/or create content