The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Do you have hands-on experience with distributed, Byzantine fault-tolerant systems and like to work with them on a daily basis?
Are you ready to identify weaknesses in our stack, discover bugs in our APIs, and improve the quality of a complex product by establishing a strong test harness?
Are you passionate about building test automation to ensure that regressions are discovered before they reach production?
Then we have a role for you!
You will collaborate with a motivated team that works on some of the most sophisticated, secure, and efficient distributed protocols ever to be deployed. We are a vibrant startup that has grown to 200+ employees with offices in the Bay Area and Zurich.
- Extend our existing test frameworks written in Rust and Haskell.
- Integrate automated tests into our build pipelines.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to reproduce and pinpoint uncovered defects and anomalies.
- Establish best practices that capture the learnings from testing.
- Support the definition of quality gates for software releases based on automated tests.
- Participate in R&D design reviews to incorporate learnings from your work early on in the design process.
- Identify design and implementation weaknesses of the Internet Computer using state-of-the-art testing strategies:
- Functional tests
- Performance tests
- Fuzz testing
- Chaos testing
- You’re a skilled programmer with a deep understanding of at least one systems programming language like Go, C, C++, or Rust. Our distributed systems components and part of our test framework is written in Rust (and we’re committed to helping you learn if you lack experience with Rust).
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex topics with clarity and conciseness.
- You have experience releasing live services to a large user base.
- You’re experienced in automating test scenarios and their integration with build systems like Bazel.
- You’re eager to understand a software stack in detail and to rigorously test it to ensure that it behaves as expected.
- A quality mindset that demands excellence from yourself and your team.
- You enjoy collaborating with other technical experts, across teams and to jointly drive for software and process improvements.
- Experience working with deployment toolings such as Terraform and Ansible is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.