Are you a committed backend engineer with a passion for building and maintaining large-scale, distributed systems? Do you want to join a team of talented, collaborative engineers working on a world-class product? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are a stealth mode B2B SaaS startup that closed a seed round in record time. The founder's extensive experience and vision led to a great product idea that investors couldn't wait to fund.
As a Backend Engineer at Canopy, you'll be responsible for implementing the systems that support our product using Scala. You should have deep experience working with this language and be comfortable with designing and building large scale systems. We want to hear about your experiences with site reliability, uptime, security, capacity and performance.
We're looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a track record of technical leadership, and the ability to work in a team.
Strong experience with SCALA and experience building and owning web software at scale.
Some specific responsibilities for this role may include:
● Designing and implementing APIs and microservices
● Building and maintaining distributed systems that can scale to handle large amounts of traffic
● Implementing caching and other performance optimization techniques, low latency edge caching and serving, and scaling distributed systems
● Ensuring the reliability and observability of our environments
● Building and maintaining infrastructure as code using Pulumi, Ansible and other cloud configuration tools
● Implementing CI/CD pipelines and an Internal Developer Platform
● Strong security operations background
● Debugging issues across multiple services and levels of the stack
● Optimizing the performance and stability of our systems
● Taking ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end
● Designing and architecting complex systems, focusing on performance, scalability, flexibility, and security
● Learning the latest technologies that will take the product to the next level
Occasional travel may be required for in-person working sessions with the team and customer/partner meetings.
Canopy focuses on real-time systems and data orchestration to pull all the right information together and surface it to the right people. For consumers, this means faster load times and more accurate information in web applications. For our clients, our solution will reduce capital spent on employing engineers and new applications will be launched in days rather than months. Canopy is also a design-led development organization prioritizing the best possible user and developer experiences.
If you think you're a good fit, we encourage you to apply. This is a more senior role, but we're hiring for ambition and potential, so give it a try no matter what stage of your career you are at.
● We are a remote first startup, with people located in the following metro area: Seattle, Portland,
Sacramento, LA, Phoenix
● Sorry, we are unable to sponsor visas or transfers at this time
● Premium health insurance benefits, with exceptional company paid premiums
● Excellent options package