Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
Strike is looking for a Global Compliance Manager, AML/Sanctionsto join a fast-growing Bitcoin company. As part of Strike’s Compliance team, you will report to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and you will be a critical member of Strike’s compliance leadership team. In the role, you’ll build out and administer a global AML/Sanctions compliance program. You will help scale a global function developing a best-in-class compliance program to support all regional team operations. We are seeking a leader with a variety of experiences in the design, implementation, and execution of end-to-end AML/Sanctions Compliance program management.
The Global Compliance Manager will have a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex problems and engaging with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, directly and through influence. The ideal candidate should thrive working in an ambitious startup environment and be excited about Strike’s mission and potential. We operate in a team-first remote work environment.
- Serve as subject matter expert on all AML/Sanctions matters
- Develop and manage the AML/Sanctions program and strategy; including policies, procedures, controls, and all AML/Sanctions operational processes.
- Develop strategies for conducting Sanctions/PEP screening globally, and ensure all Sanctions/PEP screening alerts are completed within SLAs.
- Oversee AML transaction monitoring, investigations, and SAR reporting processes
- For any audits and examinations, help represent the AML/Sanctions program
- Handle and review escalations on all sanctions alerts; coordinate with Legal on all reporting obligations and ensure timely report filing
- Serve as the project owner for any projects where AML/Sanctions controls are being implemented or changed
- Contribute to the enterprise-wide risk assessment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in AML/Sanctions compliance
- 6+ years of relevant experience in building and overseeing aspects of AML/Sanctions compliance programs in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency.
- Experience at RegTech or FinTech companies preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory obligations in the MSB, money transmission, banking, payments, and e-money space.
- Experience in interacting with financial regulators in the US or globally.
- Flexibility to quickly react to changing situations
- Experience partnering with cross-functional team leaders, such as legal, engineers, product managers, and customer service to improve compliance processes and systems.
- Demonstrated interest in Bitcoin technology and services built on top of it.
- Salary range: $147-$170k
- Equity in a high growth startup
- Health, dental, and vision insurance premium contributions; short & long term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, sick leave & parental leave
- Access to a company 401k plan
By clicking submit application below, you consent to our use and processing of your data as described in our Candidate Privacy Notice.