PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Mining Engineer Fellowship (MEF) is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, passionate, hard-working, and curious individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. ROC the Block is Foundry’s umbrella outreach initiative to connect with the broader community. The premier program of ROC the Block is the Mining Engineer Fellowship. The Mining Engineer Fellowship is a transformative opportunity, designed to bring passionate and interested participants into the dynamic and fast growing Blockchain industry. Participants complete an intensive, two-year fellowship that includes participation on the Foundry Deploy team, classroom training, special projects and comprehensive support to help participants launch their careers in blockchain!
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
About Foundry Deploy
Foundry Deploy was created to address the challenges of racking and de-racking miners and offers miners white glove, end-to-end services in outfitting environments to conduct mining operations, including but not limited to racking/de-racking, asset tagging/inventory, diagnostics and repair, network management and palletizing/depalletizing. This position is client facing and will offer the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the crypto mining ecosystem and associated equipment.
Fellows will work as a member of the Foundry Deploy team and participate in hands on mining activities. For roughly 60% of their week they will:
- Service and maintain cryptocurrency miners
- Install and configure mining units
- Program miners with appropriate software
- Conduct preventative maintenance actions
- Perform light miner repairs as needed
- Complete asset tagging and inventory management
- Initiate Diagnostics/Repair
- Wire/Network Management
- Assist with shipping and receiving equipment
- Maintain workplace cleanliness
- Ensure proper equipment operation
Operate the following machinery (Fellows will receive training and certification on this equipment):
- Pallet Jack
- and various other tools and equipment
Fellows will also complete workforce and academic training for roughly 40% of their week. Activities include:
- Attend and complete assigned company provided math and literacy remediation
- Attend/complete job readiness and financial literacy training
- Project assignments
ABOUT YOU: (Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications to qualify for the role.
- Rochester City School District graduate
- Willing to complete our program evaluations
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to bend, squat and stand for up to 45 minutes at a time
- Ability to travel as needed- minimum 50% of travel throughout the United States for this position
- Minimum of 6-12 months work experience
Required Attributes: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Positive and reliable team member
- Driven work ethic and committed mindset
- Embraces challenges and seeks support when needed
- Flexible and open to changing duties and locations
- Desire to improve yourself academically, professionally and personally
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to accept and incorporate feedback
- Ability to conduct yourself with responsibility and excellence
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail
- Ability to work in general warehouse environment, which includes high level of noise and periodic hot temperature.
The MEF is about creating a successful, lifelong career and removing barriers to attain this! Participants are offered a host of benefits (if needed) including:
- Comprehensive curriculum in support of job readiness skills
- Financial literacy
- Driver’s Ed and Transportation Grant
- Technology Fluency Remediation
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Outstanding health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan with company contribution (Bermuda: Private pension plan with company contribution)
- Flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care (Not available for Bermuda positions)
- Paid parental leave
Foundry takes pride in an environment which prioritizes our people. We insist that our people first culture builds the framework for all business operations.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, monthly townhalls, and team outings and events.
We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factors protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.