Sandwich is an application that helps self-directed retail and institutional cryptocurrency traders monitor, trade and manage their portfolios across multiple centralized and decentralized exchanges. The app aimsto standardize the trading experience across these global venues with a primary focus on derivativetrading with spot trading on offer as well. Sandwich caters for the full lifecycle of trading (via DMA and algorithmic execution), order and position management, portfolio management, reporting and 3rd party product integration via API.
The role is for an experienced Front End Software Developer to work on our product - Sandwich. The candidate will be joining the frontend/UI team developing tools for the trading platform. These tools need to be sleek and robust to enable traders and portfolio managers to effectively manage their portfolios. This role will be a key contributor that will drive and accelerate a UI/UX transformation. As part of developing a cryptocurrency trading platform, we are often asked to capture new market opportunities; therefore, you must be highly adaptive, comfortable with change, and able to switch between delivering value quickly vs delivering pixel-perfect designs.
- Drive front end architecture, make architectural decisions, drive technical debt reduction, oversee code quality, mentor other developers, and build prototypes
- Continue the development, maintenance, and testing of Sandwich
- Help determine requirements from clients and then determine scope as well as the most efficient front-end solution for those requirements
- Build aesthetically pleasing, functional, and often unique/customisable Winforms UI components - Identify issues within current solution
- Have end-to-end ownership of UI features including testing, monitoring and troubleshooting - Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute new ideas in a fast-paced, team environment
- A Bachelor of Science degree OR a demonstrable knowledge of critical abstract thinking and problem solving.
- A minimum of 3 years of UI/UX design implementation experience in .Net and WinForms.
- Ability to communicate with users and stakeholders at all levels (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, proactive, willing to take ownership, and drive to keep commitments - Prioritize creating value over technical novelty; candidate needs to be able to prioritize user satisfaction over a perfect technical design
- Ability to prototype new concepts quickly and iterate for rapid feedback
- Very experienced in C#, .Net
- Well versed in Object oriented programming
- Experience in developing custom WinForm controls
- Experience with source control systems (git)
- A working knowledge of asynchronous programming for highly responsive WinForms user interaction
- Has a good eye for UI/UX design
- Based in Cape Town
- Experience in FinTech and/or trading financial instruments/cryptocurrencies & derivative contracts is a plus
- High PC proficiency, specifically in GSuite, Docs and Sheets
- Extraordinary organization skills
- Exceptional level of honesty, integrity, and transparency. Not afraid to share the truth, even at the expense of potentially hurting someone’s feelings. And similarly, open to criticism and ideas: Often requests feedback and reacts calmly to criticism and/or negative feedback.
- Extraordinary work ethic. Known as hustler and always gets things done
- Forensic attention to detail, ability to implement pixel-perfect designs