We’ve entered the third era of the internet - an internet owned by the builders and the users. We believe web3 matters. Blockchains, at their core, enable digital property rights, and NFTs are the core technical primitive for unique (non-fungible) digital property.
- We are moving from the early days of cryptocurrency - focused on crypto trading - to a world of web3 usage, where digital property is embedded with utility.
- Organizations have formed, and will increasingly form, around the ownership and usage of NFTs and other digital assets.
- In the future, every organization will own and utilize digital assets, in the way that every organization owns and utilizes physical assets.
🎯 Our Product
Current wallet software for organizations is built around financial operations, not complex usage scenarios. This leads to organizations having multiple wallet providers for various purposes, each with varying levels of security/governance and management capabilities. This complexity increases drastically with organization size.
Narval is the unified wallet governance platform for organizations.
We provide the most advanced policy engine to govern which actions an individual, partner, or service provider can perform with organization-owned wallets and digital assets. We then abstract all the key management/custody models into a unified management console, and expose an API for integrating with the rest of an organization’s web3 tooling stack.
🤝 Founding Team
Founded by Greg Jessner & Matt Schoch.
We’re a remote-first team: Greg lives in Paris, France. Matt lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
We’re backed by leading web3 investors: Fabric, a16z CSS, Frst, and more.
💎 What We Value
We’re building the next era of the internet. There’s no playbook for this. Therefore, we value:
- Creative problem solvers who reason from first principles
- Having a healthy disrespect for rules; we break rules that don’t make sense
- Builders of systems; you can’t scale without repeatable process
- A hunger to grow. We actively seek new information and skills out of habit, not obligation.
We work remotely. There’s no one to watch over your shoulder. Therefore, we value:
- Honesty; we start from trust and assume the best in each other
- Deep sense of ownership and internal motivation; we care about our work and we work hard
- Bias for action; an ability to ship. Activity without finished output is worthless
- Over-communication; we proactively share information and clarify assumption
We’re solving hard problems, and hard problems can’t be solved alone. Therefore, we value:
- Humility. Ask questions, admit failings, accept support; there’s no glory in silent struggle
- Initiative to identify opportunities; our work isn’t siloed, good ideas can come from anywhere
- Being excited by challenges; we love what we do and have fun building together, online or IRL
- A team mindset. We share credit, highlight each other’s strengths, and believe 1 + 1 = 3.
💻 Our Tech
We seek to use the best modern technologies and bias to pragmatic tooling that is battle-tested and maintainable. We default to Typescript across the stack.
Our core stack includes:
Next.js, Tailwind, GraphQL, Node.js, Prisma, PostgreSQL, AWS, KMS, Docker, Jest
We’re currently focused on supporting all EVM-compatible chains.
Join Our Team
We’re looking for highly capable individuals who share our vision and want to build something massive. We’re currently a 4-person team. Every person has a significant impact on shaping our product and our team culture.
We work remotely & gather IRL a few times per year.
Senior Engineer - Backend
You will lead complex projects across the stack, including architecting full systems, APIs, data models, and then performing the implementation individually or alongside a team. You’ll be instrumental in creating the right abstractions internally and in our public APIs. This role requires an unreasonably wide breadth of skills including a deep understanding of security and encryption best practices, distributed systems, and EVM blockchains. You should be abnormally fast at becoming proficient with new technologies and concepts and able to productively work with limited knowledge.
What we’re looking for
Great engineers can learn new tools, so this is more an idea of some of what we’re using
- 5+ years of professional experience on a software development team
- Highly proficient with Node.js (Typescript), REST, GraphQL, SQL, Docker
- Expertise in designing highly secure software and systems
- Experience building b2b software, working with enterprise IdPs, multi-tenant architectures, regulated data, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Experience or a strong interest in crypto / web3
- Based in the US or Europe
This role reports to the CTO.
Narval offers competitive salary & benefits based on experience, employee equity, and a stipend to buy an NFT of your choice.