Gala is a community-uplifting powerhouse defining new frontiers in Web3 entertainment. Our games division started with a single intention, to give power back to the gamers. Now, we have brought that same idea to the entertainment world to create Entertainment that Empowers with our Film and Music divisions.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you'll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences' lives in the real world.
VOX is growing!! We are elated to announce the addition of a Lead or Principal level Game Designer for our VOX team. Your role will be to help shape the player experience of VOX and assisting us in taking this to the next level. This is a unique opportunity to be immersed in a phenomenal team working on the gaming evolution, working on new and exciting things all while working with some of the best and most talented devs in the industry.
This is a phenomenal opportunity building the VOXverse designed by Will Wright, creator of the Sims, Spore, Sim City. You will have the opportunity to work directly with him. If you are looking for innovation, fun, and a driven, talented and humble team, this is for you!
- Work with your team in creating a high-quality, engaging, and immersive gaming experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including art, engineering, and production, to ensure a cohesive vision
- Create and maintain design documentation, including game design documents, level designs, and user interface designs
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the design team
- Set and maintain a high design quality bar
- Development, testing, feedback, and iteration results in games that are inspirational, appealing, and successful
- Game mechanics, features, and narrative all fit together in a simple and cohesive package for a stellar gameplay experience
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ Years experience in a Game Designer or Lead Game Designer Role
- Launched successful video game titles as a Game Designer
- Experience with identifying and describing advanced game design patterns used in MMORPGs
- Excellent understanding of complex rules defining various game genres, specifically MMORPGs
- Excellent understanding of player motivations and gameplay drivers
- Good understanding of game industry current status and future trends
- Solid knowledge of web3 culture
- Outstanding written and verbal communications kills
- Ability to work in in a team, including strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and autonomous work approach
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Mobile experience and monetization mechanics a strong plus
- Prior experience working successfully in a fully remote company
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
If you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!
Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.