Thirdwave is the first Unified Web3 Growth Platform providing game developers with business insights, wallet intelligence, and targeted advertising to grow their game. As a member of our team, you will play a critical role in delivering key infrastructure and tools that empower web3 game projects to control their destiny. You will also have the opportunity to connect gamers to the projects, games, and communities they love.
We are currently seeking a driven and enthusiastic Backend Engineer to join the Thirdwave team. Our ideal candidate is someone who possesses a solid understanding of blockchain protocols and nodes, or is eager to learn and delve into the intricacies of these emerging technologies. As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of a team that is passionate about the intersection of gaming and blockchain, and committed to shaping the industry's future.
What you’ll achieve
As a Backend Engineer, your immediate focus will be to design, develop, test and maintain highly scalable and reliable back-end systems that power our platform's features and functionalities. You’ll wear many hats and have a lot of autonomy. You will be a part of shaping and influencing the future of the team, product, and the company.
You Will Also
- Continuously improve the performance and efficiency of the platform by optimizing its architecture and infrastructure
- Debug production issues across multiple services and all levels of our infrastructure stack
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across the company
- Participate in code reviews, and provide constructive feedback to other developers to ensure that best practices are followed
- Implement processes and practices to support the scaling of the development team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and front-end developers, to ensure seamless integration of the platform's back-end with its front-end
- Develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by writing clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- You are passionate about developing scalable and reliable back-end systems.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- You have a strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns, and can develop solutions that meet the platform's requirements.
- You are skilled at problem-solving and are able to identify and resolve back-end issues and bugs quickly.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in writing clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- A degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering, math, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of professional experience in software development with a focus on back-end development
- Web and mobile development skills in React, Relay, Apollo
- Experience with UI frameworks like React combined with GraphQL (Relay or Apollo).
- Compiled languages: C, Java, Rust, or Go (Added Java)
- Interpreted languages: Python, Ruby, or Typescript
- Experience with RDMS and Columnar databases. OLAP, OLTP, Data processing tools like Spark
- ML tools like Tensor Flow, PyTorch a plus
- Experience in blockchain technologies and protocols preferred.
Thirdwave offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications. Expected range for the salary component for candidates located within the New York is: $149,500—$179,500 USD.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Additional benefits to help care for your family such as flexible parental leave and fertility & adoption assistance
- Unlimited PTO, including two recharge weeks (two company-wide weeks off, 13 paid holidays AND a $1000 - vacation stipend once a year to spend on travel, etc.
- Awesome Perks including a $200 monthly Lifestyle Stipend to support not just your 'health & fitness' but your general wellbeing, a $500 home office budget to get you set up at home, and a $125 monthly phone & internet stipend