Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
You, as a driven agile team member, will be working closely with the development teams to implement and support their continuous integration, in order to ensure stable and reliable releases of our platform. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our container-based microservice infrastructure, to improve the availability and resilience of our services. With your motivation and knowledge in the latest cloud technologies, like Terraform and Kubernetes, you can create a scalable and solid architecture.
About the Team
The Platform area is responsible for developing and maintaining our internal APIs, services, infrastructure and security. The teams in the area support other Product teams by providing tools & services to enable the smoothest delivery possible of our Products. With a strong sense of ownership, you will ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, a high level of performance and design whilst also developing innovative, compelling and cutting-edge systems that support our operations.
What you’ll do
- Development of our tools and improving systems and server setups to guarantee stability and security
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to enhance our system and develop new features
- Enhancement of our terraform codebase and infrastructure pipeline to support rapid feature delivery
- Monitoring and upgrading our systems and server setups to guarantee stability and security
- Mentor junior team members
Who you are
- Possess strong expertise in Cloud and AWS-based infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, etc.).
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes/ECS, and Terraform.
- Demonstrate proficiency in CI/CD tools such as GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, Travis CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, or similar.
- Showcase experience in building and maintaining real-time application monitoring and deep knowledge of troubleshooting hotspots.
- Exhibit familiarity with languages like Bash, Python and Golang. Kafka knowledge is preferred.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.