DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Trading Operations Specialist, you will join our Global Trading Operations team and provide dedicated support to DRW’s Energy trading desks. Primary responsibilities will include trade capture, trade confirmation, reconciliation, profit-and-loss calculation and analysis. Highly effective communication skills are critical as you will have regular, direct interaction with a variety of teams across the firm, including trading, risk management, technology, treasury, accounting, finance, and the firm’s partnership. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and accuracy is paramount.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Provide ownership for and expertise of the processes and workflows needed to support standard middle and back functions of the firm’s Energy Physical and Financial Natural Gas trading desks
- Trade and position reconciliation with clearing firms, prime brokers, bilateral counterparties, pipelines and storage facilities.
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation, ensuring that all workflows conform to DRW’s standards and integrates trading requirements
- Gain mastery of the firm’s proprietary and third-party trade capture, inventory management, and P&L reporting systems necessary to support daily trading activity
- Act as process super-user for current workflows and systems, resolving issues that arise between internal groups at DRW and multiple external exchanges, clearers, and counterparties;
- Develop strong understanding of front office risk management tools
- Liaise with technology teams to secure proper support/coverage for ongoing operations and implement enhanced workflows, with a focus on process efficiency, risk reduction, and alignment with DRW standards
- Work closely with Business Management and other internal teams to assure new desks, traders, and products are on-boarded correctly
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in an operations (non-scheduling) support role overseeing physical and financial Natural Gas trading
- The ability to navigate and analyze P&L across large amounts of data inclusive of trade count, forward marks, and settlements
- Prior interaction with front office and senior management teams in an active trading environment preferred
- Strong excel skills
- Endur or an equivalent system experience is required.
- Ability to work with databases, SQL, APIs, and prior python coding experience are all preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and quickly solve problems
- Able to perform repeatable tasks with consistent results
- Able to handle sensitive financial data appropriately
- Accuracy and reliability/attention to detail is a must
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.
#LI - DW1