Applicant Privacy Notice
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our data infrastructure to support the organization's data needs. You will work closely with data scientists, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure data is readily available, accurate, and accessible for analysis and decision-making.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable data pipelines to process and transform large volumes of data from disparate financial systems and blockchain data for our Treasury database and BTC Bridge data reporting
- Implement and sustain data lakes to store structured and unstructured data from various sources, ensuring data quality and integrity
- Produce real-time data streaming solutions for efficient data processing and analysis
- Optimize and tune queries for efficient data retrieval and analysis, working closely with data scientists and analysts
- Develop and implement data integration solutions, connecting data from disparate sources to enable comprehensive analysis and insights
- Utilize big data technologies to enable large-scale data processing and analytics
- Apply knowledge of distributed systems to implement and maintain reliable and scalable data infrastructure
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data requirements, ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives
- Monitor and maintain the health, performance, and security of the data infrastructure, promptly addressing any issues that arise
- Partner with the finance team to identify new financial data to capture
- Ensure data warehousing meets SOC2 security standards
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices, continuously improving and updating our data architecture and processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; a Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, with a strong background in Go, Scala, and Python
- Proven experience with data lakes, Kafka, PrestoDB, Apache Spark, distributed systems, and data integration technologies
- Deep understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, as well as query optimization techniques
- Familiarity with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Flink, or other distributed computing frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for crypto/web3 and eagerness to be at its forefront
Base Salary Range: $151,200.00 - $208,200.00
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.