About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices (CDI), a subsidiary of CoinDesk, has been the leading provider of digital asset indices by AUM since 2014. We are driven by precision, rigor, research and a desire to educate the marketplace and empower investors. CoinDesk, a media, events, data, and indices company, is the most influential and trusted platform for the global crypto ecosystem.
CDI has three distinct product lines: single-asset reference indices, broad market and sector indices, and systematic strategy indices. The CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has the longest index track record and underlies the world’s largest digital asset products. Our broad market and sector indices offer the most comprehensive broad market benchmarks, and our investible sectors are constructed using CDI’s industry-adopted taxonomy. Our systematic strategy indices help investors target specific outcomes.
About The Role
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer on the CoinDesk Indices team, you will conceptualize, build, test, and improve new and existing features across our CoinDesk Indices platform to aid our clients decision making capabilities for investing in digital assets. You will work closely with fellow CoinDesk Indices engineering teammates to build new capabilities in a way that informs the development of new features for end-users. Note: Due to the required working hours and co-location of the rest of the team, only candidates who are currently based in LATAM will be considered for this opportunity.
- Develop, test, and deploy new features end-to-end using Python and NodeJS for the backend layer and React/NextJS on the front end
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain new and existing features end-to-end using Python/NodeJS (Backend) and React/NextJS (FrontEnd)
- Partner with Product, Governance, and Sales teams to deliver against technical roadmap
- Design infrastructure components that optimize for the developer experience, scalability, performance, reliability, and long-term maintainability
- Troubleshoot and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
- Collaborate with software architects and technical leads to ensure technical decisions meet long-term needs for future scalability and platform reliability
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback
- Mentor up-and-coming developers
- Work to define back-end requirements for tools that enhance the analysis, reporting and display of indices data. Contribute to long-form projects anchored on data visualizations and interactivity
- 5+ years of software engineering experience designing, developing and implementing enterprise mission critical distributed applications
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Programming: Python (required), C++ and/or Java (preferred)
- Expertise with OO principles and other design paradigms
- Database: SQL and/or NoSQL
- Cloud-based development: ECS, Lambda
- Third party tools: Kafka, Redis
- Web Services/API Layer: REST/JSON
- Front-end: React, NextJS, CSS, HTML
- Build/dev tools: Docker, Git
- Experience in DevOps methodologies, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Trunk Based Development
- Well versed in Agile Methodologies with previous experience working in Scrum environment
- Ownership, accountability, efficient communication
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
Please note that only a member of CoinDesk’s Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @coindesk.com or @coindesk-indices.comemail in regards to any and all opportunities at CoinDesk. Disregard emails from any other addresses or persons. If you’re selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our team will reach out to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!