Compliance is looking for a Blockchain Analytics Investigator to join our rapidly growing team. You will be a key member of the Global Compliance Team and will manage and conduct investigations using blockchain analytics tools to assess AML, sanctions, and other illicit finance related risks.
This role works closely with the Compliance Operations Director, the Compliance leadership team, and a variety of senior stakeholders across the company.
This is a position that will help continue to drive the culture of Compliance forward while supporting ongoing growth within Paxos.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Blockchain Analytics Investigator, you’ll get to:
- Analyze blockchain data to identify patterns and trends in financial transactions, and communicate findings to a wide range of internal, and external stakeholders.
- Visualize the analysis into easy-to-consume storylines for stakeholders
- Maintain a thorough understanding of AML and sanctions regulatory risks, including tracking regulatory developments that may affect blockchain monitoring
- Propose innovative solutions by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets, including on-chain data
Your experience should include:
- 3-5 years of prior experience in Compliance dedicated to AML Transaction Monitoring and Reporting,, Sanctions, or CDD / EDD
- 2-4 years of experience working with blockchain analytics providers to conduct investigations related to AML or Sanctions risks
- Expertise in blockchain analysis, including experience with cryptocurrency transactions, wallet addresses, and blockchain explorers
- Prior experience in investigative work, including complex investigations involving analyzing data from multiple sources, such as law enforcement or corporate investigations
- Solid understanding of computer science and technical expertise in areas such as cryptography, network security, and data analysis
- Strong analytical skills and can use data to inform your approach and inform your recommendations
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and tech-oriented environment within a global team setting.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
While we are not requiring prior work in the fintech, crypto, or blockchain industries, candidates must demonstrate an aptitude for the space and show they can quickly understand our processes.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.