Work with the best
WOO Network was incubated by Kronos Research, connecting traders, exchanges, institutions, and DeFi platforms with democratised access to the best-in-class liquidity and trading execution at zero or low cost.
The opportunity to work among individuals who are both driven and talented is few and far between. At WOO Network we believe that Web3 is all about breaking down barriers and bringing people together closer than ever before. Our mission of progressing decentralisation in an industry that stands at the forefront of innovation has fostered an environment of ingenuity, perseverance, and fulfilment.
Integrity - We act with integrity at every turn
Innovation - We never give up seeking creative ways
Teamwork - We value each other’s efforts
Openness - We are transparent with our processes
Courage - We are not afraid of mistakes
Urgency - We seize fleeting opportunities timely
Picture a Tuesday morning at your current job. You use your judgement effectively to spot a solution for an apparent issue. The issue lies in an area that may not be in your jurisdiction, but you decide to offer your opinion anyway, however you struggle to have your voice heard. This is what we strive to change in the working environment at WOO Network. Your voice and opinions are always valued, and we work hard to maintain a culture that is flat, inclusive, and empowering.
A Glimpse into Your Future at WOO
WOO Data Team is actively developing several areas: product and marketing analytics, data engineering and reporting. We are currently looking for a self-motivated engineer who can reinforce the team. Our team consists of 7 people: the Head of Data, 4 Data Analysts and 2 Data Engineers.
Our stack: MySQL, MongoDB, Airflow, Python, Jupyter, Tableau.
Work organisation and processes: Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, stand-ups, planning.
What will you be working on?
- Improving and developing data stack on cloud technologies and modernising the data tooling landscape;
- Improving and developing database models and working on the expansion of our data warehouse;
- Handling activities such as quality assurance, data migration and integration, and solution deployment to ensure the business gets the best value;
- Writing ETL processes, designing database systems and developing tools for real-time and offline analytic processing;
- Partnering with internal clients to gain an enhanced understanding of business functions and informational needs.
Who will you be working with?
- Working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing and Operations teams.
What challenges will you face?
- Fast-paced working environment;
- Learning ability and communication skills;
- Self-management ability and a team working with people from different countries.
What skills do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience;
- 1+ years of crypto/trading working experience;
- You love working with a modern data and tech stack (engineering, testing, versioning, microservices, DDD);
- You are proficient in SQL and at least one programming language (Python/Java/Scala);
- You have good knowledge of cloud infrastructure, data warehouse, orchestration, SQL, AWS concepts and CI/CD;
- Hands-on experience with workflow/pipeline tools (preferably Airflow);
- You have experience with “Infrastructure as Code” (e.g. Docker, DevOps principals);
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team;
- You like best practices and enforce high-quality data;
- You love teamwork and agile software development;
- A technical university background will be a great advantage.
Interested in Learning More?
- Our hiring process begins by meeting with our People Team, who help facilitate the process of placing you in your new role. You can expect to share your experience and ideas in online video interviews with our hiring team, made up of management and potential new colleagues.
- You can prepare for this interview by mentally organising your strategies and opinions on topics such as Web3, cryptocurrency trading platforms, and your vision of how to succeed.
- Share this! Don't be afraid of friends or co-workers stealing this job! If you are amazing and smart we will find a place for you. Check out our External Referral Incentives Program as well.