*This is a fully remote, direct hire position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
We originated as Bittrex, a U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange in 2014. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers, the company established a strong reputation in the industry for its unwavering commitment to security, compliance, and innovation.
Today, Trexie Management, LLC, continues to provide our customers with reliable digital wallets and top-notch security measures in addition to providing a secure platform for our partners, including Bittrex Global. The Trexie team is dedicated to advancing the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change. We believe that our work has the potential to change the world.
If you are a talented senior-level DevOps Engineer with prior team leadership experience and familiarity with Azure DevOps, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join the Trexie DevOps Team and spearhead our transition from manual to fully automated pipelines while contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment!
In this role, you will work with a variety of Azure technologies and partners and be challenged to solve interesting problems unique to running services at a very large scale. You will be responsible for all aspects of the services and areas you own, from design, development, and quality, to deployment, reliability, observability, and performance in production. Additionally, as a Lead Azure DevOps Engineer on this team, you will:
- Lead the transition from existing services to modern services
- Evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- Help build the Azure DevOps team with potential leadership opportunities to drive team’s success and growth
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Ops, and InfoSec teams to migrate services, build on Azure administration, and facilitate development
- Document the systems you help build
- Monitor systems and develop dashboards and heatmaps
- Develop scripts and automation tools using our Windows Azure stack
- Manage continual improvements across systems and drive efficiencies
- Be responsible for alerting and monitoring pages
- 5+ years of DevOps experience (Azure preferred)
- Prior experience as a Team Lead
- Proficient with scripting and IaaC (Infrastructure as a Code) languages to automate tasks/services. (e.g., Bash, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Bicep, ARM, etc.).
- Experience implementing Observability (metrics-golden signals, tracing, and logging)
- Experience establishing and supporting modern release & deployment management efforts including but not limited to release managers, CI/CD, and related business & continuous improvement programs.
- Experience with container/microservice architecture, configuration, and deployments (Docker, Kubernetes/AKS/EKS).
- Familiarity with Helm and Service Mesh (Istio, Consul, OSM, etc.)
- Familiarity with Pager Duty, Cloudflare, Pingdom or similar platforms and technologies
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage, and distributed services layers
- Ability to work through ambiguity to extract clear technical requirements for a team of engineers and deliver projects on time
- Eligible to work and maintains a primary residence in the United States
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Live Technical Interview (via Coderpad, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom & Coderpad, 3-4 hours, can be split over two days)
*Prior to each step, we will send tips on what to expect and how to prepare.
As required by applicable pay transparency laws, the base salary range for this position is $200,000 - $220,000. Individual base pay is determined by various factors including job complexity and responsibility, job-specific duties and requirements, and individual experience and skills. This position is also eligible for bonus opportunities and stock options. Trexie Management, LLC, offers medical insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match, heath reimbursement and flexible spending accounts, and continuing education benefits, among others. Salaried Trexie employees receive unlimited Flexible Time Off to allow time off when needed and hourly/non-exempt employees receive 15 days of Paid Time Off on their date of hire, renewed annually. All employees receive 13 paid holidays per year. Additionally, Trexie provides 20 weeks of fully paid parental leave, up to 20 weeks paid leave for self-care due to a serious health condition, and 14 weeks paid leave when a family member has a medical need upon completing 6 months of service.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #RemoteWork
** IMPORTANT **
To ensure fair and unbiased evaluation of your application, we kindly request that you exclude the following demographic details from your CV or resume before submission: photo, social security number, marital status, nationality, and date of birth.