CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada
, and launched CoinFlip Ventures
, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
The Licensing Manager reports directly to the Assistant General Counsel, Regulatory and is responsible for managing the company’s licensing program both domestically and internationally. The Licensing Manager is expected to deliver a portfolio of projects and work extremely closely with the departments across the business.
This candidate will demonstrate skills such as organization, documentation, and communication, requirements. As well as having the ability to provide strategic licensing solutions when faced with complex issues. The Licensing Manager has a proven track record ensuring projects deliver the expected business value while managing time, scope, and risks.
As part of the Legal and Compliance Department, you will be fully responsible for the management of the company’s state Money Transmitter License (“MTL”) and Money Services Business (“MSB”) program. Additionally, you will be responsible for international licensing as the company grows. You will be execution-minded, always looking for efficiencies, and able to work very cross-functionally.
We’re looking for someone with experience in the MTL, MSB and international financial licensing process. This might have been at a consultancy or in a regulated financial institution, and you will need to be passionate about moving to a fast-paced fintech start-up.
- Full management of MTL and MSB licensing program, to obtain license and/or exemption coverage in all 50 states.
- Ensuring maintenance of those licences once obtained, working with all departments in the company, across all offices, to get what you need and stay ahead of the curve.
- Lead on all domestic and international licensing applications, including trade names.
- Maintaining the systems and processes required to make your job as efficient and easy as it can be.
- Interacting with and building strong relationships with state regulators.
- Constantly looking for ‘what’s next’ - as CoinFlip continues to launch new products and services, we need to be ready to enable those from a regulatory and licensing perspective.
- Monitoring, testing, and reporting on the effectiveness of the domestic and international licensing program.
- Managing compliance tasks during regulatory examinations and independent audits.
- Other duties as assigned
- You have 5+ years of NMLS management.
- You have direct experience of applying for and managing MTLs.
- You have experience working with regulatory bodies to qualify companies to do business, file trade names and annual reports.
- You have international licensing experience in the financial sector.
- You have experience working closely with external regulators and auditors.
- You have a passion for efficiency and exceptional attention to detail.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding young company.
- Your interpersonal skills are first-class - you navigate cross-functional work naturally.
Nice to Have:
- You have experience working in a fintech or start-up.
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.