BitPay is looking for a Senior AML Analyst to join our compliance team. You'll be helping with the onboarding of new merchants through financial transaction monitoring, outreaching to regulators and banks, and jumping on different projects when needed. This role is looking for a quick and eager learner with a great attitude.
- Screen new merchants that apply for an account in line with the internal on-boarding process
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring and testing to assess company’s compliance with all applicable laws/regulations and create written reports of findings
- Prepare Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reports and other analytic reports as necessary
- Assist law enforcement/government agencies by drafting a response to subpoenas that we receive
- Be in direct contact via email with our customers to answer questions related to compliance
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risks.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Prepare and file suspicious activity reports and continuing activity reports.
- Maintaining Policy and Procedures (collectively, the Program), to include the implementation of internal controls such as Know Your Customer, Customer Identification Program, Monitoring of Suspicious Activity, Filing and Retaining of Regulatory Reports, and Conducting Periodic Risk Assessments
- Respond to data privacy and law enforcement requests.
- Provide direction and guidance to employees on appropriate remediation action for high risk accounts.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with senior leadership or senior executives of high risk accounts.
- Communicate with various software vendors.
- Assist with data collection for regulatory exams and regulatory presentations.
- Support internal testing and monitoring functions.
- 3-4 years of experience in (AML) compliance or financial services industry
- Solid research, communications, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to details
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work flexible hours and perform well under pressure
- Quick-thinker, eager to learn and develop new skills
- Team-player with a good sense of humor
- ACAMS Certifications
- Banking or financial background
- Some pre-law experience