Monad Labs is a contributor to the Monad blockchain, an ultra-high-performance EVM-compatible layer-1 blockchain designed to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. We help the EVM scale through parallel execution and other significant innovations in distributed consensus and smart contract execution. Monad offers developers the best of both worlds: unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) and portability (full compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts).
We are founded by Jump Trading alums, and backed by notable leaders in the crypto space, including Dragonfly, Cobie, and Hasu. We have an office in NYC, and are partially distributed throughout the US and Canada.
We are looking for a Network Deployment Engineer to join our core team. We’re looking for someone who has significant experience running nodes in decentralized networks, and who has a passion for decentralization.
You will ensure that the Monad network is healthy, performant, and decentralized. You will support the network by collaborating with node operators to develop operational playbooks, as well as by building tooling and monitoring to measure network performance. You’ll develop educational resources and give talks to help educate the community. More generally, you will serve as the primary point of contact at Monad Labs for the validator community.
Required prior experience:
- Degree in Computer in a technical or engineering field
- 3+ years of professional experience in a technical user-facing role
- Preferably prior experience at a layer-1, layer-2, or infrastructure company
- Experience with Grafana and Prometheus
- Experience with modern DevOps practices and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with proper deployment and security practices
- Proficiency in python or go
- Technical writing experience
- Public speaking / teaching experience
Required personal attributes:
- Low ego
- Personable, high EQ
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-started and independent
- Ambition/desire to make a massive impact as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for Monad’s mission of helping decentralization scale
- Experience with developing and maintaining organizational processes
- Experience with team building
- Existing relationships with developer, validator, or infrastructure communities
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be the primary point of contact for validators, node operators, and network participants, acting as the technical liaison between external shareholders and the Monad team.
- You’ll lead external conversations by way of outreach, initial calls, and follow-ups, and be responsible for relationship-building and continued partnership development
- You’ll own and create engagement paths with the Monad validator community, via virtual paths (e.g. avenues on socials) and in-person events (e.g. conferences).
- You’ll develop a rich educational platform across various communication mediums that include writing technical documentation and blog posts; participating in live streams, AMA, community calls, etc.
- You’ll collaborate closely with Business Development and Growth teams.
- You’ll be a technical resource to external node stakeholders and a conduit for Engineering (Monad core dev, DevRel, and DevOps).
- You’ll think strategically about positioning and evangelism of the Monad network to support the requirements of a distributed blockchain.
Why work with us
- Impactful work. Your work will be deeply impactful, making decentralized computation orders of magnitude cheaper and more plentiful, ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives.
- Culture. We’re a lean team working closely together to achieve very ambitious goals. We are united in our belief that we will completely change the future of decentralized computation, and we take pride in our culture of collaboration and low ego. As an early member of our team, you’ll help continue to shape our culture.
- The right team. Pushing the limits of decentralized computation requires unique low-latency engineering talent. Our team has nearly ten years of experience staying at the top of brutally efficient TradFi markets by building ultra-low-latency distributed systems for high-frequency trading. We’re assembling a similarly world-class team in BD, Growth, DevRel, and Community. Check out our team here.
- The opportunity. EVM is ubiquitous but existing EVM-compatible chains are very slow. Monad’s core innovations offer devs the best of both worlds (portability and performance) and are a game-changer for mass user adoption in crypto.
- Compensation. You’ll receive a competitive salary and equity package.
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $125,000 - $150,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) participation; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 10 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is based in NYC. We are open to remote candidates, with a strong preference for candidates based in or able to relocate to NYC.