Molecule’s story starts with patients and researchers. We imagine a world where patients directly fund researchers developing the next therapeutic breakthrough they need. A world where accessible, innovative therapeutics are created through collaborative drug development and fuelled by early R&D funding - operating at the intersection of biotechnology and decentralization, we are building the frameworks and platform to do exactly this.
Over the past 12 months, we have grown our team from 3 to 20 and recently closed a $12.7m Seed round. Now, as we are entering a new phase of growth, we are looking to expand our team with a Head of Finance & Operations.
As this position will form a centric part of how Molecule will grow and function over the months and years to come, we will be as intentional as possible in the hiring process, using the following crucial aspects to proceed with any applications received:
Your responsibilities will be two-fold: 1) You will be responsible for the financial and operational management of the organization. This includes financial planning and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, cash management, and financial risk management, and 2) Your will be responsible for the operational management of the organization, including planning and resource allocation, process improvement, and change management. In general, you will also act as a critical business partner to the C-Level across operations, planning, and strategy.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for advising the CEO and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- You will serve as the management liaison to the board and any relevant committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at committee meetings and be responsible for all financial reporting to Molecule’s investors.
- You will keep the CEO and other senior management informed of all critical issues by maintaining continuous and effective lines of communication.
- In working with the Chief of Staff, you will upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- You will be responsible to plan, coordinate, and execute on the annual budget process.
- You will be responsible to ensure that Molecule is adhering to the strategic plan, and delivering status reports to the board as and when needed.
- You will also provide analytical support to Molecule’s internal management team including the development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- You will be responsible to improve administrative and operational accounting services such as payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, etc.
- You will also oversee, direct, and organize the work of the operations team.
- We also want you to take on a leadership role within the organization which may include mentoring and developing our team using a supportive and collaborative approach, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
We need someone with a background in finance, management consulting, and investment banking, with operational experience to help on the execution of organizational goals and projects. Moreover, we want to see:
- Degree in Business Administration (preferably with major in Accounting and/or Finance), Banking, Consulting.
- 8+ years working experience in Venture Capital, Finance, Accounting and/or Treasury
- Experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- A proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Relevant working experience in Business Modelling, Forecasting and Investor Relations
- Successful track record in supporting equity financing rounds (Series A and beyond)
- Strong team mentality with the ability to build good working relationships with many different internal and external stakeholders.
Our offer to you
- A highly competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours across global time zones.
- Annual leave days
- Hobby leave days.
- Mental health days.
- Paid travel to Europe and US for conferences.
- If you need one, a brand new MacBook Pro is yours.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and weaving a community that values diverse perspectives and experiences and are actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.