Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role:
Pagoda is looking for a software engineer with experience building and maintaining cryptography and Zero-Knowledge projects. You will be the in-house expert on cryptography and Zero-Knowledge technology. You will initiate, implement, and lead a variety of projects in this area, including integrating the results of Zero-Knowledge research done by teams in the Near community into NEAR Protocol. Your work will have a major impact on the scalability and decentralization of NEAR Protocol.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Apply advances in cryptography and Zero-Knowledge technology to improve security, scalability, and decentralization of NEAR Protocol.
- Audit external ZK projects in the NEAR ecosystem and seek opportunities to integrate them into NEAR Protocol
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide consultation to internal and external teams on Zero-Knowledge technology
What We're Looking For:
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography
- Knowledge and experience with Zero-Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience writing well-structured, clean, maintainable code
- Ability to learn new languages, APIs and SDKs quickly
- Knowledge of Rust or other low-level language
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.