Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned
global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
We are looking for a highly motivated person who will help to secure our Layer 2 scaling protocol. You will be working closely with our Engineers starting with early stage of the feature design through the development life cycle and till the production deployment ensuring the highest security standards are applied at each step. A substantial part of the job is to play with our code “in the wild” to test the implementation in exceptional cases.
What You'll Be Doing
- Improve the security of our smart contracts through audits, testing, formal verification, etc
- Set and maintain good security and engineering processes
- Mentor others on the team about security and share your knowledge.
What We Look For in You
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Have strong security fundamentals knowledge
- Have experience in securing smart contracts threat analysis, hacking, penetration testing, intrusion detection, logging, malware analysis, or forensics
- Fluency in Rust, C++, Golang, or similar languages - we work primarily with Rust, but prior experience with this language is not mandatory
- Have deep knowledge and passion for crypto applications and Ethereum
- Experience with discovering vulnerabilities at the design/system level
- Proven ability to communicate across roles to drive a security mindset across the company
- Understanding Solidity and smart contract best-practices is a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.