DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
DRW UK is seeking a Database Engineer with focus in PostgreSQL and Oracle who will be responsible for implementation, support and maintenance of mission critical database environments.The administration of these environments includes clustering, storage, securing, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery.This person will help manage and support current and future database and storage environments and initiatives, and proactively evaluate physical and logical design and architecture of the systems to keep up with the dynamic and growing business needs of DRW.
- Proactively manage and optimize various database platforms and related OS environments
- Perform database performance and query tuning
- Implement and maintain production and non-production databases
- Perform database backups, restores, log shipping, mirroring and replication, etc.
- Work with system engineering team on database server installations, configurations, system performance tuning and capacity planning
- Collaborate with development teams on database design, implementation and usage optimization
- Respond to production and business-critical issues and needs
- 5+ years of production Oracle database engineering experience
- 5+ years of production PostgreSQL database engineering experience
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience with clustering, replication and mirroring a plus
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning and configuration tools
- Strong technical problem-solving skills essential
- SAN knowledge a plus
- Must have T-SQL or PL/SQL experience
- Experience working with MS SQL Server, InfluxDB or MySQL a plus
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, and efficiently handle pressure and stress
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong initiative, and be willing to take on new challenges
- Must demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to different work environments
- Strong understanding of and the proven ability to comply with SDLC, source control and change management protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.