The Paxos Legal Team is seeking an experienced Regulatory Licensing Manager to ensure Paxos’ compliance with our regulatory obligations including those relating to our state trust charter and money transmitter licenses as well as our international licenses. The Regulatory Licensing Manager will also be charged with licensing associated with new market entry, including project managing Paxos cross-functional stakeholders in evaluating which new US and international markets we should go into and which new licenses we need. The Regulatory Licensing Manager will own responsibility for these application processes including working with outside counsel as needed. This is a position necessitated by Paxos’ business growth. We’re moving into new and exciting areas, and we need you!
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Regulatory Licensing Manager, you’ll get to:
- Manage Paxos’ compliance with regulatory obligations
- Project manage Paxos’ efforts to obtain new licenses
- Create templates, playbooks and other collateral to help Paxos scale our licensing
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, asset tokenization, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- A college degree
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Licensing Manager, including some experience helping companies obtain new financial regulatory licenses
- Significant familiarity with NMLS filings
- Experience working with outside counsel on licensing matters
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communication with internal stakeholders, clients, and regulators.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Ability to be both reactive and help solve problems in the moment as well as proactive, building a longer term roadmap and strategy.
You might also have:
- Paralegal experience is a plus
- Both in-house and law firm experience is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Expected range for the salary component for candidates located within the United States is: