Gala is creating entertainment that empowers on the blockchain. Across our family of brands including Games, Music, Film and VOX, we’re empowering creators and fans to build the future of entertainment.
Powered by talent from around the globe, our fully remote organization believes in making bold moves to create products that have never been seen before in the marketplace. Gala was founded by Eric Schiermeyer (gaming legend and co-founder of Zynga), and Michael McCarthy (the Creative Director behind viral gaming hits such as Farmville 2). Since then, Gala has grown to be a leader in Web3 entertainment.
Under the Gala brand, we have a growing roster of reputable partners across Gaming and Entertainment including DreamWorks, AMC and NBCU. Plus, legendary game developers Peter Molyneux and Will Wright, as well as music greats like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Kings of Leon and BT.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you'll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences' lives in the real world.
And this is just the beginning…
We are excited to be adding a Unity Engineerto our VOX engineering team! The ideal candidate must have strong experience and knowledge of C# game development with a creative and hands-on attitude amplified by an entrepreneurial spirit for technical excellence. This is a stellar opportunity to dive into this fun MMO. This is a unique opportunity to be immersed in a phenomenal team working on the gaming evolution, working on new and exciting things all while working with some of the best and most talented devs in the industry. If you are a talented Senior Unity Engineer looking for your next amazing opportunity, this could be it. Take a look below and feel free to apply so we can chat.
Did I forget to mention we are fully remote?
- Filling out requirements for VOXverse unity engineers
- Ability to anticipate actual needs of the project (rather than all possible features) and build robust proof-of-concept features quickly for iteration
- Ability to take prototype systems and make them function appropriately as a shippable feature
- Knowledge of Unity’s tools and technology and limitations thereof when scaling to hundreds or thousands of GameObject
- Excited about building good player experiences
- Capable of using a debugger, able to troubleshoot problems
- Willing to ask for help when stuck
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ Years experience in game development with Unity using C#
- Experience with Networking
- Experience working on MMOs and developing for PC or Mobile
- Experience with multiple disciplines of programming such as gameplay, UI, tools etc
- Experience working with Unity DOTS a plus
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience successfully working in a fully remote company
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
If you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!
Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.