You are part of the Technical Intelligence (TechInt) team. The team’s main function is to recon the blockchain industry and feed the company with new trends and projects. The TechInt team has automatized the recon process by utilizing a data lake and machine learning.
You are responsible for maintaining and setting up data solutions and services. In your daily job, you do a mix of data engineering, software coding, and infrastructure management.
You work closely with leadership to understand and define requirements. You ensure alignment with the department’s strategy and roadmap. You work together with a Data Scientist and an Intelligence Engineer to implement the technical solutions. You ensure the systems are functional and available.
- Develop and maintain automated data ingestion pipelines from source code repositories, social media, and on-chain analytics.
- Develop and maintain data cleaning and transformation solutions.
- Develop web solutions (both back-end and front-end) for exploring data insights.
- Maintain machine learning (ML) models in production pipelines.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge management system to enable content by the systems’ customers.
- Integrate and maintain Large Language Models (LLM) within the processing pipeline and develop a prompt-like user interface.
- Maintain the remote infrastructure required to store, process, and visualize data.
- Knowledge of big data processing platforms (e.g., Spark, Databricks, Google BigQuery), data orchestration (e.g., Airflow), and data manipulation libraries (e.g., Pandas, Polars).
- Familiarity with machine learning platforms and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar.
- Knowledge of back-end languages (e.g., Python).
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL), web servers (e.g., Nginx), and UI/UX design.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud)
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical partners.
- BSc/MSc in a Computer Science field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in data and software engineering : data storage, data manipulation, front-end and back-end development for software applications and data systems.
- Preferable work experience with blockchain.
- Professional English.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.