At Energy Web (EW) we believe that public, open digital infrastructure is as integral as physical infrastructure for the secure, reliable operation of a highly decarbonized and distributed energy system.
If you passionate about achieving a decarbonized, democratized, decentralized energy future and want to play a critical role in building an open-source technology to make it possible, then apply today.
We're seeking a Designer to join our team and help tell Energy Web's story to energy and crypto audiences through visual mediums.
The Designer will collaborate closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to visually convey Energy Web's narrative through graphics, animations, and videos. The role requires synthesizing key messages about Energy Web's initiatives and impact to create compelling visuals tailored for both the Energy and Crypto audiences.
What will you do?
As a Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing original graphics and illustrations for the Energy Web website, social media channels, and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams to produce wireframes and visuals for standalone microsites. These visuals will elucidate project goals, structures, and impacts, such as for projects like EDGE and Energy Web Lab.
- Developing prototypes (web pages, standalone illustrations, application front-end interfaces) to uniformly integrate Energy Web logos and branding into other products and platforms, including social media.
- Generate visual content that simplifies Energy Web's technology stack and its significance for energy and crypto audiences.
- Develop prototypes, including web pages, standalone illustrations, and application front-end interfaces, ensuring consistent integration of Energy Web logos and branding across various products and platforms, including social media.
- Edit video content using software such as Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas Pro to produce engaging and impactful visual stories.
- Enhance videos with animations, text overlays, and visual effects to effectively communicate Energy Web's initiatives and technological solutions.
You are a strong candidate if:
- You have 4+ years as a professional visual designer or similar role, including a portfolio of work.
- You have advanced proficiency in visual design software, including Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- You have experience with video editing software such as Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas Pro.
- You enjoy learning new skills and keep up with the latest trends in visual design technologies.
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in design.
- Comfortable working in a small team environment.
- Possesses effective communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible in responding to evolving project needs.
- Displays a curious mindset and a willingness to explore new design approaches.
- English skills are a must, but additional language skills are a bonus!
Reporting: This position will work with the Marketing & Communications Team and report to the Marketing & Communications Director.
How to Apply: If you possess innovative design skills, creative thinking, and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas through visual media, including impactful video editing, we invite you to be a part of the Energy Web team. Share your resume, portfolio, and a brief statement highlighting your relevant experience and how your skills align with Energy Web's mission.
For more information, visit energyweb.org.
Energy Web is a global organization dedicated to building a greener, more-inclusive, and democratized energy system. As an organization, the breadth and depth of our experience across multiple sectors and countries makes us unique. As individuals, we similarly strive for diversity in our roles and we all benefit from having a deep understanding of the broader context in which our work takes place. Accordingly, diversity of thought, experience, ideas, and culture is crucial to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, particularly women and people of color. To attract and retain the talent we need, we foster a strong culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and open communication. All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Energy Web does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.