This is the job description for our Business Development Leader position. Not for you? Check out other opportunities at Storj here.
Storj is the leading provider of enterprise-grade, globally distributed cloud object storage, utilizing existing excess storage capacity from all over the world to offer better performance, security, and sustainability at up to 80% less cost than traditional cloud storage providers.
Storj is looking for a Business Development Leader to assist in identifying, contacting, and developing technical alliance partners. The Business Development Leader will manage a portfolio of partners, work with marketing to create GTM solutions, and manage the day to day relationship with our technical alliance partners.
- Negotiating partnership deals and ensuring mutually beneficial partnership terms that align with business objectives and strategy
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners
- Developing metrics to measure return on investment (ROI) from partnerships
- Engaging with clients in the market to ensure optimal growth of the relationship from an alliance angle
- 5+ years of relevant sales or alliance partnership experience
- Working knowledge of both on-prem and cloud storage services, hybrid cloud, and multi-cloud offerings is helpful
- Have a track record of success in building strategic partnerships
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
At Storj, People Really Matter
Our mission is accomplished through the talent of our people, so we provide meaningful professional engagement and a comprehensive benefits package. Storj promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized training opportunities, proactive diversity efforts, and peer mentorship. Our employee benefits include generous healthcare and insurance coverage, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, a 401(k) plan, and very competitive equity.
Storj has team members around the globe. As a remote-first company, we’ve built a culture based on transparency, inclusion, and open communication. Storj hosts regularly scheduled week-long gatherings (virtual and in-person) for collaborative work and team building.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
At Storj, we celebrate diversity and strive for an inclusive work culture. More than a statement on our careers page, these concepts are ingrained in our core values:
Secure - We believe security and privacy in product, process, and habit is key to everything we do.
Together - We inspire, execute, and celebrate as one team, with a commitment to trust, inclusion, collaboration, and accountability.
Open - We’re committed to the free and open sharing of software, information, knowledge, and ideas.
Resolute - We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing. We resolve always to treat others ethically, with empathy, understanding, and trust.
Empowered - We empower our users to control their data, our teammates to do great work, and our community to build economic value.
Different - We think differently, act differently, and always strive to make a difference.
We don’t make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.