Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Bahamas, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxy.com.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Who You Are:
As asset management counsel you will join an experienced and collaborative Legal team to primarily work on supporting the ventures team. You’ll work alongside and report into our Managing Director, Head of Asset Management Legal, and have the opportunity to work on a myriad of legal issues with room for growth beyond current scope of role. The ideal hire should have at least three to five years of experience at a large law firm or in-house on asset management legal issues and venture deals.
What You’ll Do:
- Review of all venture team investment documents and NDAs.
- Coordinate with internal ventures teams on legal diligence for new and follow-on investment opportunities, portfolio company M&A, sales/exits. Liaise directly with outside counsel on all deals, help manage multiple deals at the same time, and help coordinate internal execution.
- There will be opportunities to help with fund formation matters, regulatory review of crypto relevant issues and other general asset management work.
- Work with Chief Compliance Officer and compliance team on asset management matters.
What We’re Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have meticulous attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work product in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior experience with a large law firm or in-house in asset management and venture deals.
- Experience and/or knowledge in cryptocurrency a plus.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced business and evolving legal environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Navigate deal transactions involving multiple parties, financial structures and unique terms and conditions with knowledge of capital structures and deal valuations
- Experience with private funds.
- Understanding of Investment Advisers Act and working with SEC registered investment advisers.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative.
- Positive attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Collaborative team member with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Active membership in the NY state bar
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.
The base salary ranges included below will be commensurate with candidate experience and expertise. Base salary ranges for candidates may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. At Galaxy, we maintain a total compensation philosophy which consists of a competitive base salary, annual bonus, and equity incentives.
Base Salary Range
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact email@example.com.