We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will be supporting the team with setting up and maintaining services that support the Safe infrastructure on a multitude of Ethereum networks.
Your role will involve ensuring our services stack is up and running by providing bug fixes and infrastructure updates.
You will be responsible for automating and improving development and release processes, supporting external teams, proposing and implementing infrastructure improvements, and ensuring the development workflows have the necessary security measures, monitoring tools, and alert systems in place for all the applications that are hosted on AWS.
About the team
Safe is the most trusted decentralized custody protocol, and Safe is the flagship wallet for the ecosystem on Ethereum and the EVM. Our team is on a mission to unlock digital ownership for the world. By building robust and accessible tools, we aim to fix some of web3’s biggest challenges. For more information about Safe, check out our website.
You’ll be joining a growing team that currently includes 50+ people overall. This role is based in Berlin (🇩🇪), but we also have awesome teammates in Zug (🇨🇭), A Coruna (🇪🇸), and Lisbon (🇵🇹).
Our Tech Stack: Python, Django, Celery, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog
Check our github:
What you will be doing
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure
- Debug code and infrastructure issues in our services stack
- Automation improvements for the development and release processes
- Analyze and propose infrastructure improvements
- Maintenance of our core services stack
- Support external teams in configuring our service stack in their infrastructure
- Coordinate the setup of services for new ETH chains
- Configuration of alerts to detect failures
What you will bring
- Proficiency with Python
- Strong experience in Linux administration
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Datadog
- Good knowledge of high-availability services
- Working knowledge of Django and Celery
Nice to have
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Kubernetes administration
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with PagerDuty or similar
- AWS (or other cloud) administration skills