Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different?
Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
Our Client Onboarding team is a critical component in ensuring that our newest clients join the mighty Kraken with minimal friction. Members of the Client Onboarding team have fantastic interpersonal skills, and a knack for assisting crypto newcomers while also remaining vigilant. While we greet each and every client with a smiling face and helping hand, we are always security-focused, and play a vital role in maintaining the secure integrity of Kraken. Acting as a gatekeeper, the Client Onboarding team comfortably escorts new users onto the platform, while stopping nefarious actors in their tracks. We use our cutting-edge tools, and situational awareness to identify where a client may experience difficulties, and provide them with top-notch guidance so that they can begin their crypto journey with Kraken. Client Onboarding Specialists are oftentimes the first point of contact for new users, which is why we take pride in being a friendly and approachable team that gets our clients started on the right foot.
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency, based in Mexico. You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
You will have the pleasure of ensuring that new clients are provided with a world class service and a 6-star experience within the client’s early life with Kraken. The role will be part of a high-performing team supporting our clients round the clock, and with the best reputation for security in the industry. The role is integral in connecting with clients, to ensure that barriers to clients’ success are removed.
- Work on client’s KYC documents, using KYC applications and email tickets
- Review and verify the KYC documents submitted by the clients, to ensure documents are authentic and valid
- Validate the Proof of Residence submitted by the Clients
- Flag suspicious documents and escalate to the relevant team
- Respond to the Client’s enquiries regarding their applications or to upgrade to a higher tier
- Update Client’s information upon request
- Comply to Kraken’s Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures
- Ensure that work is compliant to Kraken’s Quality and Risk guidelines
- Provide 6 star experience to the Clients in every interaction
- Ensure that process guidelines are followed in verifying the client
- Work with the team to meet the business objectives
Skills you should HODL
- Minimum of 2 years experience in client service or business support role in a global shared services setting
- Strong cryptocurrency knowledge and passion
- Deep understanding of client satisfaction, dissatisfaction and NPS metrics
- Intellectually agile; able to grasp new concepts, ideas and changes to processes
- Ability to explain resolution and step by step processes to clients or internal co-workers when necessary
- Strong attention to workflow processes and details
- Proper business email etiquette with expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- A high degree of personal organization and good time management
- Innovative thinking and creative problem-solving
- Highly developed interpersonal skills at all levels to achieve collaborative outcomes
- Deep orientation in data privacy and security
- Well-developed presentation skills and confident demeanor
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Willing to work on a 24/7 rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends, and have Rest Days on week days
Nice to Haves
- Experience with CRM software such as ZenDesk or Salesforce
- Global Shared Services experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a financial account or any organization with high attention to risk compliance
Interested so far? Here’s how the hiring process will look:
- Pre-screen assessment - around crypto and client support (to be completed in 72 hours)
- Video screen with our Talent Acquisition team (30 minutes)
- Interview with the team (60 minutes)
- Final interview with team managers/directors (60 minutes)
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Learn on the Kraken Blog
Connect on LinkedIn