Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States
and United Kingdom
Chainlink Labs seeks a Labor and Employment Assistant General Counsel to spearhead global employment initiatives, offering practical advice to internal stakeholders such as People Operations, Total Rewards, Global Mobility, and Talent Acquisition. The role involves providing counseling, advice, and strategic direction on global (non-US) employment law matters. Additionally, responsibilities include guiding People Business Partners on various aspects including contingent workforce management, employee terminations, performance management, business reorganizations, and conducting internal investigations.
Objectives of this Role
- Familiarize with legacy and current labor & employment practices, including policies, templates, and operations
- Identify and assess risk with current practices
- Complete gap analysis
- Earn trust with internal stakeholders
- Manage routine employment matters, including performance management and termination
- Advise on strategic initiatives to support People team OKRs
- Develop new policies, processes, and templates, as appropriate, to ensure compliance
- Supervise and lead strategy on employment disputes
- Monitor new laws, regulations, and judicial decisions and provide pragmatic advice to stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of employment litigation and counseling experience in-house (corporate, government, or military) or at a law firm
- License to practice law
- Substantive knowledge of global labor and employment laws
- Ability to solve problems and manage risk for a global company
- Experience in the tech industry or with blockchain
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.