The Web3 economy will redefine how financial value is held and transacted - with much activity shifting towards blockchain networks and digital assets. Founded in 2013, Uphold is a Web3 financial platform that supports almost 300 digital assets and acts as a Regulated Gateway to the Web3 economy. Featuring integrations with 26 blockchain networks and a robust trading engine connected to 30 underlying venues, the platform allows users to trade ‘Anything-to-Anything’ while enjoying keen pricing and deep liquidity. Uphold has completed more than 120 million transactions worth $40 billion from 10 million customers in over 150 countries.Both people and companies need to access this exciting Web3 world, but it can be technically demanding and time-consuming.
Uphold strips away the complexity and lack of transparency to open up Web3 finance for everyone.To learn more about Uphold, please visit https://uphold.com
The Digital Asset Research Analyst will help the Product Counsel and Head of Digital Assets identify, research and integrate new crypto networks, token communities and projects with the Uphold platform. Our goal is to connect both retail and enterprise customers with new digital assets that are playing a meaningful role in the web3 ecosystem. This means understanding a networks mission, its addressable market, the caliber of its team, progress to date, development funds and any regulatory issues. Uphold is now shifting to a more strategic approach to network integration, token listing, and project support. These three strands of our work need to be tied together in a unified effort. Your role is to support this new approach.
- Research new blockchain networks to assess their suitability and priority for integration; understanding their use case and assessing the likelihood of fundamental value creation.
- Evaluate each chain’s technical merit, strength of team, potential exclusivity, number of projects supported, strategy and commercial momentum.
- Keep up with industry trends, opportunities, risks, and new projects relevant to the mission.
- Write business cases to support new blockchain integration proposals.
- Reach out for due diligence information to support new token listings.
- Present new tokens to the Listing Committee.
- Help coordinate new blockchain integrations by identifying and proposing new tokens for listing related to important projects.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on blockchain projects.
- Circulate a monthly report to the Exec Team detailing the number of project-on-ramp listings we have attained and added during the month - and the aggregate number per chain.
- Analyze market trends and produce a monthly summary.
- Interact with project teams and industry professionals gathering, analyzing and interpreting data into actionable insights.
- Other duties and responsibilities as reasonably required or assigned by your line manager.
- Degree from a recognized university
- 2-5 years experience (legal or compliance experience preferred)
- Experience in cryptocurrency/fintech a major plus; interest in cryptocurrency required.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Collaborative individual ready to jump in and provide support when needed.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.