About the Group
Uphold Group Europe, operates across the region with two brands. One being Uphold, a software platform where Enterprise clients and Retail consumers can trade Digital and Fiat assets. The other being Optimus Cards, a FCA regulated entity providing banking card solutions for financial institutions.
About Optimus Cards
Optimus Cards UK Ltd is an Electronic Money Institution authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under the E-money regulations. We are a Principal member of Mastercard. Our business is providing white label card solutions to regulated and non-regulated entities and we issue prepaid cards and debit cards on behalf of our clients. Our client base is varied from Credit Unions, Financial Institutions and Crypto firms.
The Compliance Assurance Analystsupport the Compliance Assurance Manager. You get to work in a great company, where we are expanding the business further into Europe by adding to our regulated status for the EEA countries. We are a relatively small company so agile in nature, fast paced, in an ever changing environment with advancements in Technology and evolving consumer demands, so ensuring we are able to keep up with market changes and even be ahead of them in some cases.
Location: The role is hybrid with flexibility to work from home and our London office, or any other
place that the company may reasonably require on a temporary or permanent basis
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in assurance activities to assess the management and control of regulatory compliance
and conduct risk within the business, its agents, and support functions, ensuring that all work
undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements.
- Managing relationships as part of your assurance testing and audit work and collaborating with
other teams as required.
- Documenting and communicating issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit
- Carrying out periodic agents’ risk assessments.
- Assisting in compiling and preparing compliance reports and ensuring that regulatory reports are
submitted in a timely fashion.
- Assisting the team in carrying out compliance assurance activities in line with the business’
Compliance Assurance Program.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes to ensure the business continues compliance with
- Assisting the Compliance Team in their day-to-day activities.
- Contributing to improving internal compliance processes and protocols through analysis of related
business enquiries (e.g. On-boarding and CDD questions).
- Minimum two years’ experience in a quality assurance, risk, or audit role, ideally within the
banking and/or card and payment industry.
- Good understanding of financial services regulatory compliance.
- Practical experience in AML regulations.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to produce high quality work to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience of a regulatory reporting and policy writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work within a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.