About the role
As the Business Development Manager at Polymer Labs, you will be at the forefront of building Polymer’s ecosystem through the community and partnerships. You will forge partnerships and collaborations extending Polymer’s cross-chain communication capabilities to notable blockchain projects, including non-IBC-native chains and decentralized applications. Your deep understanding of the web3 industry and fostering a blockchain ecosystem that is as seamlessly interconnected as the internet itself.
This pivotal role involves managing both internal and external stakeholders to ensure developers are educated about, supported on, and engaged with the Polymer network.
Web3 experience is highly preferred.
- Proactively reach out, establish, and nurture partnerships with key industry players and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with our technical teams to effectively communicate the technical aspects of our business to potential partners and clients.
- Develop and execute an approach tailored to the unique requirements of non-IBC-enabled chains, demonstrating how our solution can enhance their blockchain interoperability and communication.
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with existing clients and partners, providing exceptional support, understanding their needs, and exploring opportunities for expanding our services.
- Lead contract negotiations with partner projects, working closely with executive teams to establish agreements that drive mutual growth and success.
- Represent Polymer Labs at industry events, conferences, and meetups to build brand awareness, establish connections, and explore potential business opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in business development, sales, or a related role in the blockchain, crypto, or fintech industry.
- Strong technical understanding of blockchain technology, Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC), and/or related concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships, driving sales growth, and achieving business targets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, adapt quickly to changes, and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a passion for blockchain technology and its potential to revolutionize the industry.
- Existing network and contacts within the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry is a huge plus.
About the Team
- The Operations team is a diverse group of people with backgrounds working at a variety of both web2 and web3 organizations like Google, Meta, Coinbase, McKinsey, Ernest & Young, etc. Polymer Labs is a software development shop supporting the IBC protocol and building the Polymer transport hub.
- Competitive salary, token grants, incentive compensation
- Autonomous, distributed work environment collaborating with a diverse, global team
- Opportunity to shape and contribute to industry-disrupting infrastructure
- A place to openly learn bleeding edge innovation in a fast growing industry
- Health insurance benefit