Madhive is the leading tech company engineered for modern TV advertising. Advertisers seamlessly customize and automate the OTT buying process into an operating system with our self-service platform. Powered by our industry-leading bidder and device graph that processes 260 billion available ad opportunities per day, we deliver precise, brand-safe, audience connections efficiently at scale.
We seek a highly skilled and experienced Staff Engineer with a strong focus on backend development. As a member of our talented team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing authentication mechanisms from a backend perspective, developing and maintaining backend systems, and collaborating closely with the team to ensure seamless integration and functionality across platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Driving design and architecture discussions and building alignment on complex technical decisions regarding authentication mechanisms to strengthen security and compliance.
- Develop and maintain backend systems with a focus on the ability to traverse efficiently.
- Collaborate closely with the team to ensure seamless integration and functionality across platforms.
- Utilize Golang for backend development tasks, ensuring code quality and efficiency.
- Implement and manage databases using GCP and SQL, ensuring data integrity and performance.
- Analyze metrics, gather insights, and implement observability tools to monitor system health and performance.
- Act as a data-driven engineer, leveraging metrics and analytics to drive decisions and improvements.
Who you are:
- 8+ years experience in backend development, with a strong emphasis on Golang.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in backend development, with a strong emphasis on Golang.
- Familiarity with GCP and SQL for database management and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- A team player with a collaborative mindset, demonstrating kindness and self-awareness.
Experience with metrics and analytics tools for monitoring and observability.
- Previous work in a senior engineering role, showcasing leadership and mentorship abilities.
The approximate compensation range for this role is $230,000-$285,000. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by several factors, including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Madhive has been made aware of fraudulent emails that may appear to be from Madhive or a legitimate recruiter acting on our behalf. Please be aware that Madhive would never ask for sensitive or personal information via e-mail. All official Madhive communications will come from an address ending in @madhive.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are concerned about the legitimacy of an outreach by our company.
Please be advised that we will NOT be using third party recruiting agencies for this search.
Madhive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that’s important. But whether it’s taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a Madhive employee:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents.
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.
401(K) Matching: Madhive's generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period, and all full-time employees can participate immediately upon their hire date.
Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays.
Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator and lunch are provided every day that you're in the office!