Oasis Network is a privacy-focused, scalable, and versatile blockchain platform designed for Web3. Due to its modular architecture, it offers a unique privacy layer for developers and users while providing high throughput, low gas fees, and unrivaled security.
Critical features of Oasis Network include:
- Scalability: The Oasis Network's layered, modular architecture provides scalability, customizability, and flexibility, making it easy to accommodate a wide range of applications and use cases.
- Privacy-first: The Oasis Privacy Layer, powered by confidential ParaTimes, enables developers to easily integrate confidentiality in their dApps, paving the way for the mass adoption of blockchain privacy.
- Versatility: The Oasis ParaTime layer supports various compute environments, allowing the Oasis Network to seamlessly incorporate new technology developments and support new use cases as the blockchain industry evolves.
Oasis Network offers several ParaTimes to support various types of dApps:
- Sapphire: Provides developers the capability to build EVM-based dApps with on-chain confidentiality, allowing for various confidentiality options.
- Emerald: Offers full EVM compatibility, scalability, low gas fees, and cross-chain interoperability.
- Cipher: A WebAssembly (WASM)-based privacy-enabled ParaTime lets developers use Rust to build the next generation of confidential dApps.
Oasis Network encourages users to run nodes and contribute to the platform's security. They have a bug bounty program for discovering and reporting security vulnerabilities to ensure the safety of the network, developers, and users.
In addition to its technology offerings, Oasis Network has published several research papers addressing the design of the Oasis Blockchain Platform, digital stewardship, confidential computing, finality and layer two scalings, and transaction anchoring for stability. These papers showcase the platform's commitment to innovation, security, and the responsible use of data.