Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Broker Trader at Akuna:
We are seeking an experienced Broker Trader to join our growing team at Akuna Capital. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual interested in supporting our team expand coverage and compete in the marketplace. Candidates must possess working relationships inside of and strong familiarity with the options space.
As a part of Akuna’s team, you will make markets on options for brokers and banks through chat and voice platforms. Whether making a ‘first show’ market for an inter-dealer broker or executing against an order on the trading floor, the opportunities you identify in the marketplace will be immediately represented in the team’s P&L. You will be entrenched in a collaborative and comprehensive team environment where you will have the opportunity to learn our systems and trading style from some of our most experienced traders. Your previous experience will be expected to provide value from day one even as you adapt to your new role.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 2+ years of options market making experience
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Strong mathematical aptitude giving the ability to maximize trading opportunities in a high-pressure environment
- Effective and efficient communication and superior interpersonal skills
- Capable of developing and maintaining strong working business relationships
- Ability to work alongside and communicate with screen traders
- Passion for problem-solving and finding creative solutions in an ever-changing market
- VBA or Python programming skills are a plus, but not required
- Existing business relationships with inter-dealer, floor or direct counterparty brokers and paper flow