We are a Web 3 Financial Platform - Founded in 2013 and launched in 2014, Uphold has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries. Recently ranked #1 in the San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 List, Uphold serves over 10 million customers in more than 180 countries. Uphold is a FinTech bridge between the old and new money systems. Our patented “Anything to Anything” platform gives end users seamless access, allowing people and businesses to invest, pay and spend more than 30 FIAT currencies, 200 cryptocurrencies, and precious metals globally and instantly.
Join us in our mission to reshape the financial landscape and build a more inclusive financial system, redefining how people access and manage their money. Be part of an innovative and forward-thinking company that values individual contributions and provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent.
To learn more about Uphold, please visit https://uphold.com
Our reserve trades cryptocurrencies across centralized exchanges (CeFi) and decentralized exchanges (DeFi) to ensure that all user deposits are always backed 1:1. We use a combination of proprietary software (primarily written in a combination of Go and C++) and off the shelf tools to create cutting edge solutions for holding crypto and trading across CeFi and DeFi exchanges. Our software solutions rely on core infrastructure that consists of a hybrid of AWS Cloud and physical colocation facilities around the world.
The Senior Developer will manage the daily development and operational needs of the reserve team. The ideal candidate should possess:
Communication & Collaboration:
- Effective communication skills.
- Positive attitude and team player mentality.
- Ability to be highly effective in remote-first environment
- Experience using Git in production environments.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile software development process.
- Significant professional experience in one of our core languages: Go or C/C++
- Experience with large complex codebases
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- Experience interfacing with a broad range of APIs (REST, GRPC, Websockets, FIX, etc.)
- Experience with socket programming (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Experience writing tests and developing continuous integration
Nice To Haves:
Experience with Blockchain or FX quant trading
Experience in writing software interacting with EVM Blockchains and DeFi protocols or possessing a familiarity for them
Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS
Experience with Container Technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
Experience with accounting or ledger systems
Knowledge of relational database models such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and non-relational database models such as Redis
What we have to offer you
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply Now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our Careers Page
to check out all our exciting opportunities.