BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE INTERNET
Impossible Cloud represents the spirit of innovation and determination. Every challenge can be overcome, and every goal can be achieved. Our cutting-edge cloud solutions help bridging the gap between web3 technology and mainstream B2B cloud use cases. We are eliminating frictions currently slowing web3 mass adoption and deliver key benefits like increased speed and security while optimizing costs.
Impossible Cloud was founded by serial entrepreneurs who formerly built multiple unicorns. With our top team of passionate people who have joined Impossible Cloud from several different countries, we are continuously researching and pushing the boundaries of distributed technologies. Impossible Cloud is backed by an all-star team of internationally renowned venture capital companies, and we are part of the Protocol Labs Network.
Become part of something bigger: Impossible Cloud is building the technology counterweight to the current dominance of cloud tech giants. We’re committed to reinvent the internet, to push technological innovation and business determination to the next level: no challenge is too big, and no goal is unachievable.
Impossible Cloud is looking for people who want to be part of a global movement to innovate the cloud and join a diverse team, a sustainable business, and an ambitious vision. Join us on our journey to make the impossible, possible.
As an SRE/DevOps Engineer located in Hamburg, Germany, you will design and implement the technical architecture, deploy software, and do software monitoring for infrastructure and services.
You will work closely with Developers, other DevOps engineers, and release management to ensure code will be deployed in the most reliable manner.
You take ownership and will challenge what's supposed to be deployed.
You will be one of the first engineers to build cutting-edge infrastructure from scratch in the blockchain industry at Impossible Cloud.
You will contribute to our company's success by
- You share ownership with developers to create shared responsibility and reduce organizational silos
- Setting up and implementing the release management
- Building an SLO and SLI and its critical parameters from scratch
- Observe what has to be automated and initiate actions to automate things
- Design, create, and maintain the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline based on modern frameworks such as Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of the applications, considering additional aspects such as monitoring, alerting, logging, and security
- Develop & maintain cloud security solutions and integrate security services
- Implement patch management across the whole infrastructure and tech stacks
- Setting up the testing and deployment automatization
Ideally, you bring the following to succeed
- Have worked as a Senior member or Team Tech lead in a DevOps capacity
- Have mentored junior Engineers on your team
- You should bring experience with Typescript, Go, Python, or any other high-level language
- Experience with managing Linux systems
- Hands-on experience with databases or search engines like PostgreSql / MongoDB / ElasticSearch
- Ideally, you worked with container technologies, like Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Being familiar with DevOps principles, practices, and technologies
- You have worked already with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, or some other tool)
- You are familiar with some cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, or any other)
- Ideally, you bring first experience in the blockchain industry
- It would help if you were savvy with architecture, deployment methods, and monitoring solutions
- Experience in Docker, k8s, Mesos
- One or more of: S3, EFS, Cloudera, Azure Blobs, GCP Cloud Storage
What we offer
- Work with top talents and cutting-edge technology on our journey to build the cloud of the future
- Be part of the early team: this is the best time to join in terms of impact and risk/rewards
- Great office in a trendy location, free healthy brain food, and subsidized premium gym membership
- Monthly recurring, collaborative meetup-weeks with cool team events
- Experienced, passionate, and supportive colleagues
- A flat hierarchy and a high level of trust: we work together on the same mission
- Have fun and share our journey to success!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone can contribute equally. If you are curious, passionate about pushing boundaries, and have a collaborative approach, join us.
In-person collaboration and communication are part of Impossible Cloud’s cultural identity, and we value working together regularly in our Hamburg Headquarters.
The recruiting process
1. Please submit your LinkedIn Profile or CV together with the application form
2. Successful candidates are invited to a Kickoff call.
3. We will then initiate a fast and lean remote and on-site interview process designed for the specific role and seniority.
4. Within days, you could be part of the Impossible Cloud team!